On July 15 and 16 took place the first ANTENA Project’s First National Round Table and Coordination Meeting, held at De La Salle University (DLSU) in Manila (The Philippines). ANTENA Project, an initiative co-funded by the European Commission and coordinated by OGPI, aims to boost the internationalization of Philippine higher education institutions (HEIs).
During the event initial findings from the national survey it conducted on internationalization in and of Philippine HEIs. ADMU School of Management-Business Resource Center Director John Luis Lagdameo pointed out the top four barriers to mobility in three sectors (student, faculty, and administration and staff):
- Insufficient financial support.
- Administrative and bureaucratic difficulties.
- Limited interest and involvement.
- Lack of foreign language skills.
The morning of the first day was also devoted to institutional experiences on the internationalization. The rest of the first day and the morning of the second day were spent on parallel working groups with the following topics:
- Academic quality through internationalization.
- Research of universities in an international context.
- National context for internationalization.
- How to make the most of the ANTENA Project.
More information about ANTENA project available in OGPI site.